Description of role
This role demands a focus on day to day efficiency and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, utilising your first class communication skills.
You will be required to:
Create, manage and maintain employee records, ensuring all required information is received and recorded
Conduct, oversee or take notes of investigation, probationary, disciplinary, grievance, capability, flexible working and appeal meetings
Deal with day to day HR issues including resolving employee complaints
Provide HR consultancy and coaching to managers; assisting them with HR related tasks including research
Ensure all HR and H&S related matters are correctly documented
Drafting, updating and amending the company policies, procedures, forms and templates
Ensure compliance with H&S regulations within the business and interpreting/advising on employment legislation
Liaise with Finance Director for Payroll purposes
Deal with tasks relating to new starter and leaver process including issuing and processing new starter documentation
Coordinate the induction of new staff, training, apprenticeships, NVQs and organising work experience placements
Deal with monthly and annual statistics
The Successful Applicant
You will have excellent communication skills, HR knowledge and experience.
- Strong organisational skills, plan and prioritise and ability to multi task.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- You should hold a HR qualification
- Experience in running a HR department
- Great people and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interpret employment legislation and apply it in a working environment
- Ability to produce comprehensible documents with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of using a CRM database (desirable)
- Experience in recruitment (desirable)
Internally the job holder will relate to employees across the whole company.
Externally the job holder communicates with a wide range of people: potential candidates for employment, advertising agencies, HR professionals and any other external bodies relating to the role. Therefore the job holder will need to exercise considerable discretion and integrity.
We expect everyone who works for us to follow Access Point’s core values; we expect you to be honest, reliable, committed and insightful among other things. In return for this we’ll offer you some amazing benefits:
- Additional holiday entitlement for length of service
- Paid private medical care after 12 months service
- A growing team with a chance to progress your career
- In-house award scheme
- Quarterly voucher reward scheme for impeccable attendance record