By 27th Nov 2017|
Last month saw an 11% increase in switching energy suppliers, over 600,000 people switched in October alone! Over 4.5 million people have switched so far this year. The days of families sticking with the same supplier for year after year are long gone. So what are you doing to capitalise on this?
For many Utility Warehouse vendors the answer is simple: go to Wickes.
Wickes stores have seen an explosion of activity from Utility Warehouse vendors over the past year with some teams basing their entire business from promotional space at Wickes stores. So why do Wickes work so well for utility companies?
There are some excellent reasons:
- Wickes customers are changing. The split of Wickes customers is now much more focussed on homeowners and DIY than tradespeople with more female shoppers than ever before.
- Association with a trusted brand. Wickes are a well-known and trusted name with customers. For small to medium sized energy companies having that brand association is invaluable.
- Relaxed shopping environment. Wickes customers are more likely to be visiting stores to spend some time choosing the right flooring or taps; they aren’t rushing, making it an ideal location to get into a conversation with customers rather than a quick pitch.
- Word is spreading. For Utility Warehouse promoters, teams have seen so much success with Wickes stores that they are being snapped up by teams with forward bookings.
- Excellent value for money. Wickes stores start from £150 + VAT for a 2 day booking and as you can see from some of the case studies this can represent a very high ROI.
- New store designs. Wickes are in the process of building or refitting around 30 stores per year. The new designs are sleek spacious and inspirational and a great location to be associated with.
We’ve got lots of case studies from Utility Warehouse promoters who have already discovered the value of Wickes for their business. If you want to join them and find out more about some locations in your area you can see for yourself on our venue locator or contact us directly to speak to an experienced account manager about your needs.